Maplestory 2 finally came out last week! Published by Nexon, the game is currently only available in selected regions including North and South America, Oceania and Europe. If you happen to live outside of these areas, you won’t be able to download the game altogether. Since there isn’t any news on a South East Asia release, here’s a way to skip the wait and start playing now. Here’s a guide on how to download Maplestory 2 in SEA by using VPN! You’re going to have downloaded several things so follow the steps closely.
Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk! We’re only showing you what works for us, we are not to be held responsible should you experience technical difficulties.
RELATED: How to update Maplestory 2 in SEA
How to download Maplestory 2 in SEA
Follow the steps closely! We’re skipping right ahead to the technical stuff so make sure you already have a Nexon account before attempting the following steps.
Downloading the basic things you need:
- Download and install the Nexon launcher.
- Go to OpenVPN, click on SEE DETAILS, scroll down and select Windows Installer. Refer to picture below.
- Follow the installation wizard and install the VPN.
- Open up your launcher for the first time, let it update. Once it’s done, close it. Don’t sign-in or anything.
- *IMPORTANT*: Make sure you completely exit the launcher. Check your system tray, right-click on the Nexon icon and Exit.
Setting up the VPN:
- Go to VPNBook and select Free VPN from the header menu.
- From the OpenVPN list, select US1 OpenVPN Certificate Bundle and download it.
- Open the zip file (you’ll need an unzipper for this if you don’t have one, click on the highlighted word to download WinRAR). Don’t extract the files just yet.
- Now go to your C drive and locate the OpenVPN folder.
- This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > OpenVPN > config
- Select all four of the files from the zip file and drag them over to your config folder. It should look like this:
Downloading Maplestory 2 SEA:
Now, your VPN is ready! These next few steps are important to make the download work so follow closely!
- Go back to your desktop (or Start menu) and start OpenVPN GUI.
- Check your system tray to make sure it’s running. If you see a PC icon with a lock on it, like this, then it’s running.
- Right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon and connect to vpnbook-us1-tcp443.
- username: vpnbook
- username: vpnbook
- Login with the details above and remember to check Save Password so you don’t have to do it every time.
- Once you’ve successfully connected, open up the Nexon Launcher, log in with your Nexon account and if your VPN is working, the Download button should be green.
- Click on the Download button (and wait approximately 84 years), select your installation folder.
- Let it Verify the download, once it shows 0% (or any numerical percentage), go back to your system tray. Right-click on OpenVPN GUI and select Disconnect.
RELATED: How to play Maplestory 2 in SEA
The VPN speed is extremely slow and will probably take forever for the download to complete if you don’t disconnect and use your actual connection. So make sure you follow the steps closely and do that. Once your download is complete, head on over to this article on how to launch and play Maplestory 2 SEA. If you have any problem, leave a comment and we’ll try to help.