Capcom is returning with another film following their last Resident Evil movie back in 2016. This time around, we’re getting a Monster Hunter live-action movie. With the recent success surrounding Monster Hunter: World, this move wasn’t one that surprised the fans. Production has already begun and we’ve got a few sneak peek from the casts’ Instagram.
Here’s what we know so far
- According to Capcom, the film’s plot will tell the tale of “two protagonists who come from different worlds and must cooperate in fighting monsters in order to survive.”
- Paul W.S Anderson is the director, he previously directed all Resident Evil movies.
- German-based Constantin Films will be handling production. They are filming this movie in South Africa.
- Jeremy Bolt is the producer of this movie. The production budget, according to Variety, is $60M USD.
- Milla Jovovich, known for her role as Alice in the Resident Evil franchise, returns as Artemis, the heroine of this Monster Hunter live-action movie.
- Ron Perlman (Hellboy, 2004) is the Admiral.
- T.I Harris, rapper, will be Link the sniper.
- Tony Jaa is Field Team Leader.
- Diego Boneta is Sergeant Marshall.
- Meagan Good is playing Sergeant Dash, another member of Artemis’ team.
This isn’t the first adaptation we’ve seen from Capcom. We’ve seen the dark, apocalyptic world of the past two Resident Evil films. And of course, that’s not to mention the past few Street Fighter adaptations that we’ve all consistently tried to forget about. It’s no surprise that fans are doubting this product, let’s hope Capcom prove us wrong – hopefully.