Metro Exodus is launching early next year and Steam is currently giving out Metro 2033 free for the next 24-hours. There is no catch whatsoever so don’t miss your chance to grab it while you can because the deal ends on October 27 at 1 AM (+8 GMT).
What is Metro 2033?
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world of Moscow. In 2013 the world was hit with an apocalyptic event which turned the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. Now the year is 2033, with a handful of survivors taking refuge in the depths of Moscow, a new generation is born struggling for survival in the Metro Station-Cities.
In the game, you will be playing as Artyom. You were born and raised Underground, having spent all your life never venturing beyond the Metro Station-City limits. Then one day, in an effort to warn the remnants of mankind of an impending threat – you must journey from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the wastelands above. From here on the fate of mankind rests in your hands.
Here are some key features for the game:
- Metro 2033 is a gripping, atmospheric first person shooter experience powered by cutting edge technology. Featuring full DX10 and NVIDIA PhysX support for high-end gaming PCs, to deliver incredible visuals
- Witness the everyday horrors of a broken society living in constant fear
- Brave the darkness of the tunnels, where mutants hunt their prey and ghostly spirits lurk
- Explore the desolate city-surface, trusting your gas mask and rifle to protect you from a poisoned world and the creatures that roam there
- Steel your nerve and prepare to face the terrors that await
Very Positive – Steam (16,407 reviews)
81% Metacritic (40 Critics)
The game is free for a limited time of 24 hours. A fresh reminder that the offer ends October 27 at 1 AM (+8 GMT). Get Metro 2033 free while you can.